- About Us
- 1974 Company founded as a sole proprietor by Phillip M. Ramos, Jr. (DBA Phillips International).
- 1975 Supplied power cables with Hubbell connectors to Fluor for Alaska Pipe Line.
- 1976 Designed and made first custom coiled cables for Atlantic Richfield Company.
- 1977 Introduced and manufactured new line of high quality coiled electrical cable assemblies to heavy duty trucking industry.
- 1978 Incorporated in the State of California as Philatron International, Inc.
- 1979 Purchased machinery to manufacture wire and cable.
- 1980 Obtained UL & CSA listings for wire and cable and cord sets.
- 1986 Invented and patented 7 way indestructible Xenoy plug (Stallion Cables) for heavy duty trucking industry.
- 1987 Received first large contract for 7 way heavy duty cable assemblies from Navistar International.
- 1988 Received and patented for 7 way indestructible Xenoy plug (Stallion Cables) for heavy duty trucking industry.
- 1993 Invented and patented heavy wall coiled air hoses (Stallion Supreme) for heavy duty trucking industry.
- 1995 Purchased machinery for drawing and fabrication copper rod to fine stranded conductors.
- 1996 Purchased machinery for roping giant conductors to 4,000,000 circular mills.
- 1997 Received military contract for supplying large size power cables.
- 2000 Invented software program for increasing quoting time of custom cables from 3 days to 15 minutes.
- 2002 Purchased machinery for producing and curing thermoset rubber power cables.
- 2008 Received Medium Family of the Year Award – Orange County Family Business Council.
- 2009 Changed name from Philatron International to DBA Philatron Wire & Cable. Received UL listings for Electrical Vehicle (EV) Cables
and Photovoltaic (Solar) cables.
- 2010 Received Supplier of the Year Award – Southern California Edison
- 2011 Invented “Green Friendly” high voltage cables to 35,000 volts.
- 2011 Invented Flexy Extension Cords.
Philatron Logo Time line